Friday, April 20, 2012

All of my change I've spent on you

My camera was broken after my trip to re-discover Jordan. Re-discover, as in after 5 years living here only now i went to Petra, Jordan's treasure, one of the seven wonders. It's filled with shits literally as there were donkeys, camels, horses and dogs (and human) running around so it stinks, it's a damned place, it's dusty, crowded, hot, very big and it's not that great in my eyes. I wonder how it deserves to be one of the wonders, i mean, come on. It marked the accomplishment of the previous generation yes, but that's it. We all know human are great at adapting. In order to adapt with them living in the desert, they built that thing, carved the mountain to live inside it maybe because they don't have tree around so can't build rumah kayu. And then they bred and everything evolved, so Petra is just what's left of the ancient city. One day in the future, like year 4012, i guess people will be gawking into what's left of New York and claim ah human is great and clever. Same concept. As in seven wonders, i think Jeita Grotto in Lebanon is much much much more fascinating and wonderful. Lucky me i only paid 1jd to be in that shitty place. I'm not into that kind of thing so i was quite disappointed that day. Plus, I forgot to bring dexpanthenol so my face was so dry, itchy, swollen, reddish and burnt.

Then we went to Aqaba and Wadi Rum to save the mood yay!. Those two are my fav places in Jordan, if they're nearer i'd spent every weekend there.

And on the way home, i noticed my camera was broken. The lens cover was stuck, they couldn't close and exposed my lens. It must be because of the very fine sand particle in Wadi Rum entered the lens and jammed the system. Or because i accidentally "injured" my camera while slipping  it into my pocket.

So the next day (or the next next day don't remember sudah tua!), after resting, i tried to fix it dumbly. Lens cover stuck, ah can just pull the lens cover with forceps. I did it, yeah, lens cover closed, no gap, but my lens couldn't extend and it said "lens error". I totally freaked out at this moment! My camera rosak sudah, need to buy new one! So i checked my spending account, got money or not for new camera. Got got, back pain pays man!

So i googled for new camera's price hehe. I want a small camera with faster speed and nicer picture. The likes of Nikon J1/V1 or Pentax K-01. I always want a DSLR before, but i hate their huge ass size. Huge ass as in they don't fit into my handbag easily. I'm not a good photographer, i have no sense, no skill and no time (and will) to learn, and i always think only good photographer can own a huge ass camera, so when the mirrorless interchangeable lens camera came out, i jumped in joy eventhough i do not own them yet!

I was about to call my dad to survey those cameras and decide which one to buy, before i figured out hey let's try google lens error. Then i stumbled upon this, and chose the easiest way to try, smack the camera. I turned on the camera and smacked the camera lens down lightly onto my palm twice, and magically my lens can extend properly now! It's noisy though, when i turned it on, but it's functioning normally. I guess the tiny particle came out and stopped jamming the system. So yeah, no new camera yet, and the money can be channelled into something more useful, like eating doli's kotiau daily during my elective yay! Besides, it's more advantageous for me to get new camera next year, because those kind of cameras i want are still new to the market, and Canon hasn't produce them yet. I guess with Canon entering the field, the competition will become wilder and the price baseline will go down a bit. And i'm graduating next year, so i can ask for the camera as my graduation gift hihi. One year advance notice mom/dad/brada!

i'm coming, doli!

On the other hand, I'm currently in Anesthesia rotation and it's fun. Mostly we learn about drugs with narrow therapeutic index with death as side effects, and some techniques. Anesthetists don't seem to be busy, they have time to read Jane Austen in OT and sometimes laugh covertly when junior surgeon scolded by senior surgeon. They prep the patient for surgery, make sure everything is ok, then rest for the rest of the surgery, look at the monitor once in a while to check, when the surgery finishes they stop the anesthesia and wake the patient up and send them to the recovery room, observe, if the patient is fine (got criteria to decide how fine the patient is, but i forgot), send them to ward and that's it. Seems fun to me. Though learning it here is not that much fun because (damn you Adele i thought it's a banshee outside! my hair is all standing now! Stop wailing in the middle of the song please!!) of my lack of understanding of Arabic. I must be a retard, living here for 5 years and still don't understand most of time what the heck are my doctors' questions. I always end up babbling things that have nothing to do with the question if i answer at all, most of the time i said "i don't know" because that's much safer than saying "doctor i don't understand your question.". My landlord's bibik, when she came here, she knew nothing about Arabic, 4-5 months latter she communicates with us in Arabic. Lucky me almost all of my exams are conducted in English, except when i was examined by a moody woman who i suspect must be in her pre-menopausal period.

ps1: I listened to Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift and that hauntingly tribal song from Maroon 5, and i think Hunger Games must be a good movie because those songs are beautiful! Good movies always have good songs made for them. Crappy movies, they just use the songs available. So, movies to look forward to: Hunger Games, The Raid: Redemption<-- this one, shinoda made the score, awesome! and it's indonesian action movies, double awesome because asian action movies usually lack of cg so they perform the stunts themselves gracefully! remember chocolate? ong bak?

ps2: I pray for the best, for my country, and for everyone. Let's play fair, really. Keep fighting.

ps3: I wanna taste horlick mcflurry too huuu!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

google . Google,haha(br bgn tdo, minda x b'fungsi sepenuhnya lg.hehee)

X tgk lg hunger games.tgk battleship je.

Graduation ..dah nk jd doc dh kwn gue srg ni

-anis/nisah z

kukumalu said...

nnt tgkla hunger games utk aku haha..aku pesen donlod je, lambat lagi la gamaknye tgu dvdrip kuar. tgk skali the raid: redemption tu/serbuan maut tajuk indon dia.

kawan gue sorg ni pon lagi cepat nk gradnya..chaiyok final year!

Anonymous said...

you always love indonesia and lelakinya admit it haha!