Friday, March 27, 2015

I was wrong

Quick post:

I'm currently in my 5th posting, few months shy away from MO-ship. Preparing my very best to be a safe doctor.

Housemanship is harsh. I learnt a damn lot, of course, but i in no-freaking-way will encourage anyone to get into it. It's cruel and inhumane.

Which brings me to the point of this post. If you read my whole rant, of how i curse off my medical school, well i'm eating my own shit now. I miss that school so damn much. I miss my doctors. I miss the cleanliness of my hospital. I miss my patients, dedicated and educated patients. I miss the awesome filing system there. I miss the system there, how they do things orderly. I miss the wards there didn't look like something fresh from old History textbook on war hospital. Or refugee camp or something.

I only realise, upon reflecting when i was down post scolding for things most of the time not even my fault, that i've been taught at a great medical school in such a tender manner. My doctors taught and emphasised me well on what is what. While some of them were scary, but at least i don't hate them. ok well i might hate SS but then his CV is awesome and he actually didn't personally trouble me and he did praise me once. But here...erm let's not start, because i promise myself to stop swearing.

I was wrong.

I had great time in medical school. Made awesome friends for life. Taught by great doctors. Met and inspired by great people. survived. And, learnt by heart, though i'm not really sure how i did that. i mean, i was quite a caveman there, but those cave time were spent on, well, games, movies, games.

I miss you, Jordan.

No comments: