I don't know how Malaysians (generally, not all) think. I'm not sure why they hate doctors that much.
First, we have this alarming anti-vaccines groups. Ignorant narcissist bigots, all of them. I'm not sure what to do if i have to face them, which i surely will some time soon. Vaccines protect us, and in UK now, measles are re-appearing because of those anti-vaccines parents. I read their reasons against vaccines:
1. side effect : autism, fever, brain damage
my counter argument: those serious side effects are rare, we're talking less than 1% rare, so if your children happened to be the less lucky one, i'm sorry. Besides, it's hard to tell whether the damage is the vaccines side effect or due to other reasons. And it supposed to be rare, i find it really hard to believe that it just happened to be really common among those anti-vaccines groups.
Fever, it's hard for the parents but that's how babies (even adults) develop their immunity. No pain no gain.
3. I don't vaccinate my child and he grows well.
Iphone 5s kinda attracts me but man, december is way too late. Or not, i may not be working that time so no need for new phone yet so maybe i can wait. The 64 bit processor is awesome, that is equivalent to my current notebook. Now compress that into a phone, it's just wow! I love iphone's size as it's almost the same to my current phone, and the awesome camera. And there are many awesome cases for iphone. But the cons: i don't fancy iOs..I never own an iphone before but i think the os should be the same as in ipad, right? From what i saw at switch, it's about the same. I find that the apps need constant updating and some apps can't be used unless updated, and update takes a long long long time, thanks a lot to super slow internet connection here. Also, the apps' reviews are not as honest as in Google play. I've started to lurk around the apple communities and forums and they sucks. And not to mention, it's quite pricey..
Come on Android phone maker, ante up! You still can win Malaysia, you have until december. 64 bit too, please!
Ps: forgive my atrocious grammar..this entry is written with too much angst
First, we have this alarming anti-vaccines groups. Ignorant narcissist bigots, all of them. I'm not sure what to do if i have to face them, which i surely will some time soon. Vaccines protect us, and in UK now, measles are re-appearing because of those anti-vaccines parents. I read their reasons against vaccines:
1. side effect : autism, fever, brain damage
my counter argument: those serious side effects are rare, we're talking less than 1% rare, so if your children happened to be the less lucky one, i'm sorry. Besides, it's hard to tell whether the damage is the vaccines side effect or due to other reasons. And it supposed to be rare, i find it really hard to believe that it just happened to be really common among those anti-vaccines groups.
Fever, it's hard for the parents but that's how babies (even adults) develop their immunity. No pain no gain.
2. Vaccines are not halal.
My counter argument: check e-fatwa. It's harus to take the vaccines. Don't overthink this. I see that they spin this fact, dragging it into the MRC-5 cell saying that it's extracted from live fetuses. First, don't you think Majlis fatwa consider this before announcing the fatwa? Second, read the explanation on the fatwa, "Vaksin-vaksin yang digunakan dalam imunisasi bagi penyakit-penyakit tersebut hendaklah diambil daripada bahan yang suci, sekiranya vaksin daripada bahan suci tidak diperolehi atau sukar diperolehi, maka penggunaan vaksin yang sedia ada adalah diharuskan."
My counter argument: Vaccines mean to protect, to prevent diseases. Be grateful that your unvaccinated child is well, at least for now. But don't expose your latter children to diseases just because your unvaccinated child is well. I read someone posted this logic--> when you (the parents) were young, there was no seatbelts/kids seat and you turned out well. Similarly in this vaccination issue, because you turned out well without seatbelts/kids seat, your kids don't need them too.
Now, move to the other issue. Supplements as prevention. I never encounter this while in Jordan, so i'm not really familiar with the whole traditional/herbal supplement scene. So here, we got bunch of magical pills/powder/coffee/cream that can lose your weight, CURE (YES they used cure instead of manage) chronic diseases like diabetes/hypertension/ischemic heart disease even SLE, in the same time those things also give you the best nutrition. Some of those things even appeared in established medical journal for its side effects, but of course Malaysians know better.Those journals lied, they said. Those things are better than modern drugs that doctors prescribe, and doctor prescribe drugs because they want to take advantage on you, they said.
So basically, as long as there are any ways possible to avoid doctors, why not try it, right Malaysians? Probably they had bad experiences seeing doctors (well who doesn't? I'm almost a doctor myself and i hate seeing doctor too) but health is a serious and sensitive matter. You do not want to jeopardize it. And remember, there is no shortcuts. Want to lose weight? Eat less exercise more. Diabetes? Reduce sugar in diet, exercise more, if not effective, start drugs. Hypertension? Reduce salt in diet, exercise more, if not effective start drugs. Of course those drugs have their own side effects, but it's documented and well known and we know how to manage them. And prevention is the best, and by prevention i mean start eating healthily starting now, exercise, walk more.
I'm not done yet blasting those supplement but i have to do something now. Will be continued..
***
Come on Android phone maker, ante up! You still can win Malaysia, you have until december. 64 bit too, please!
Ps: forgive my atrocious grammar..this entry is written with too much angst
No comments:
Post a Comment