Sunday, June 16, 2013

The End #2

Yesterday was the day i took the oath. THE OATH. With Allah as my witness. I expected the ceremony to be more "touchy", it's the moment we swore to dedicate our life as doctors, help the needy regardless their belief, whether they are friends or foes. But oh well, it's Jordan. I even slept for a good while, because my stupid head couldn't fathom the language. But it's nice, though i had severe hijab crisis. I shipped off almost all my scarves, and just few hours before the ceremony, i realised i had no scarf to match with the dress. So i bought that rectangular shawl...and began was my suffering. I didn't know how to wear it so i just wrapped my head, but it became too short so when we arrived at the hall, i forced asked my friends to wrap my head for me. But that damned shawl became so wrinkled, made it really hard to form the top part nicely. At that time, i gave up and became so moody (hence the sleep during the ceremony). Also, my robe wasn't the robe i'd chose, it got changed somewhere whether at the robe office itself, or at the tailor or at the dry clean. The robe was soooo big, i looked like i wore a sack and my sloping shoulder didn't help either. Stress!

But, it will be one of the most memorable night in Jordan. The night i took the oath.

My parents weren't there, and i was quite upset actually. At first, like real first as in before they decided the date, i told them do whatever suits them, i won't be upset. I told them i won't be upset even a bit if they decided not to come at all. Well, i'm not sure now. They came earlier and by yesterday they already recovered from jetlag and continued their daily life as usual in Malaysia. I'm not sure whether i was upset due to their absence or because they just left me. Maybe if they didn't come at all, i'd be less upset. Maybe not. They told me to take lots of picture so they can get the feel too, but with the aforementioned severe fashion crisis, the chaos of the ceremony itself, and limited time, i only took few pictures which i haven't see yet because i was so depressed T_T. Will steal pictures from others and photoshop. I sat with the other girls who parents didn't come either and their company made me feel slightly better.

A lot of parents came, and i got to mingle with some. Quite a shock haha, i don't mingle with people my age well, let alone parents of people my age. This one mom however really attracted me. She's really strong, no wonder her daughter's such an angel. Let me tell you the story. (Disclaimer: I tell this story because it really motivates me to be a better, less whiny and less bratty person. I hope you will feel the same too.If it offends anyone, please let me know in the comment section.) The mom is a single mom with lots of children. Probably 10 kot, can't remember already. (told you my memory sucks). But her children are all great people, they hafaz the quran, they're nice, intelligent. The focus was on my friend, the daughter. She received the same scholarship as me, but with that money, she helped supporting her sister who studied islamic studies (not sure what exactly, again, my memory *$&%#*&). Both of them got excellent results in their study, and they bought their mom flight ticket to Jordan as surprise. Awesome, right? Ok if you don't feel they are awesome, it's my fault for not telling the story right, but trust me, they are really awesome and mature. I just looked at myself, and ashamed..Me, my parents had to come here just to help me packing because i'm just freaking hopeless at packing. Them..whoa. I could see the mom was glowing with pride while telling us the story.That time, i just want to go home to my parents, hug them and be a nice daughter. I'm not a bad daughter of course, but i never do something like that to my parents. It always them who take care of me. But as the mom said, her daughter was lucky because she can do good things like that at such a young age. My time will come too, and by then i hope i can take care of my parents as nicely as they took care of me.

Tomorrow, university convocation. I'll try wearing my 4" heels throughout the whole ceremony. I really really really need some height to drown that freaking big robe. And here's praying for a better tomorrow, no sad sad one again huhuhuhu.


2 comments:

Belle said...

but alas, the sad sad one again has occured

kukumalu said...

a test and a lesson for us all.