I always malinger, for all the good reasons. Erm, if it was good reason, it wouldn't be call malingering right? But the point is, i always visit the health centre whenever i feel under the weather. I am a medical student, i totally know what's wrong with me and how to treat it, but it's best to consult the real doctor, also, to get free drugs hahahahah. Being me, i have to keep my stash of antihistamines, mefenamic acid, steroid cream and paracetamol available at least enough for a week all the time. Ok i don't need mefenamic acid for a week, it's usually 1/month, but i'm OCD like that, it's nice to know i have a lot of it.
But then, i had to had Family Medicine course last year and screwed it. I performed extremely bad that i couldn't face my doctors there out of shame. It sucks that now i have to frequent the pharmacy and buy my own drugs. I did visit the health centre once though, when i had that sea urchin puncture and thought i was going to die. Damn you sea urchin, the next time i snorkel in Aqabah, i will extinct your population single-handedly.
Then, ironically, i felt really sick (got food poisoning, i thought i was going to die yesterday) today and i couldn't drag my ass off to the health centre and it got me thinking, what's the point of health centre really? To give free drugs to people like me, to give MC to other malingering gits, to do simple investigations of people with chronic disease, to follow up. But it has no role at all on helping really sick people pronto. Really sick people can barely run to the toilet to puke, let alone to get up, get dressed and go to the health centre.
And then, no health centre visit means no MC means absent for no reason to our doctor. I am lucky that i am now in Internal Medicine, they don't really give a damn on attendance and whatnot, but let say if i were in 5th year and in minor rotation that give a big fat damn on attendance, is it fair like this? You really are sick, but you have no evidence that you are sick because you're too sick to go get a proof that you're sick.
It's annoying like that, this world.
#update 4/5/2013: INTERNAL MED GAVE A BIG FAT DAMN ON ATTENDANCE! I GOT 0 FOR MY EVALUATION MARK GRRRR (CONFIRMED, I MET THE HOD AKA MY ALLERGIST)
But then, i had to had Family Medicine course last year and screwed it. I performed extremely bad that i couldn't face my doctors there out of shame. It sucks that now i have to frequent the pharmacy and buy my own drugs. I did visit the health centre once though, when i had that sea urchin puncture and thought i was going to die. Damn you sea urchin, the next time i snorkel in Aqabah, i will extinct your population single-handedly.
Then, ironically, i felt really sick (got food poisoning, i thought i was going to die yesterday) today and i couldn't drag my ass off to the health centre and it got me thinking, what's the point of health centre really? To give free drugs to people like me, to give MC to other malingering gits, to do simple investigations of people with chronic disease, to follow up. But it has no role at all on helping really sick people pronto. Really sick people can barely run to the toilet to puke, let alone to get up, get dressed and go to the health centre.
And then, no health centre visit means no MC means absent for no reason to our doctor. I am lucky that i am now in Internal Medicine, they don't really give a damn on attendance and whatnot, but let say if i were in 5th year and in minor rotation that give a big fat damn on attendance, is it fair like this? You really are sick, but you have no evidence that you are sick because you're too sick to go get a proof that you're sick.
It's annoying like that, this world.
#update 4/5/2013: INTERNAL MED GAVE A BIG FAT DAMN ON ATTENDANCE! I GOT 0 FOR MY EVALUATION MARK GRRRR (CONFIRMED, I MET THE HOD AKA MY ALLERGIST)
No comments:
Post a Comment