Saturday, August 8, 2020

Dear Don



It was a weird weekend.

Out of concern, I accompanied a very stressed out friend for a staycation at our fav spot. I agreed to it but I honestly hope she'd cancel. It pained me more than I thought it would. Despite the covid scare and her family health issue (nothing serious alhamdulillah), she insisted to proceed, so I did (because I had promised).

I took her to dinner at what used to be our fav restaurant. Everything has changed. It was almost empty. The menu has changed, I tried to find our paella but it's not in the menu. My friend's food sucked. My olio was good but my heart ached. The panna cotta was drowned in the berry compote.

Why it was always good last time?

On our way back, at a good coffee shop, I heard the song above.

I thought of you. 

I'm home now, thinking of the song so i youtube it. And saw this.

IS THAT YOU??? I AM HOPING REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY HARD IT IS YOU.

You know I always say, if you wish hard enough, it will come true. At least it does, for me.

This time, for the worldly stuff, I am going to wish really hard for:

  • me to pass all my exams on time
  • you to come to your sense and return home safely soon
  • you to be this D and that her is me
If you really are D as I wish, here's what I'm gonna tell you.

UNBLOCK ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
STOP SENDING ME GIFTS AND RANDOM MESSAGES YOU SELFISH PRICK!!!!!!!!!!
I thought I was ok, I told myself I was ok, I put lots of effort to distract myself but not today, not tonight. I thought you were a history, but damn you are a history I wish to repeat. I wish you to be safe and in good spirit, working in full ppe and your patients to be less obnoxious, eating enough, and happy, ok fine happy is too much now, i want you to be not sad and stressed. I want you to be able to focus on whatever you are doing now (because I can't tonight and it really bugs me).
If you finally change your mind and realise how good working at home is, find me. Or just tell me when you do, this time let me be the "esteemed guest", the pleasant surprise or whatever. Heck I would even invite you to my parents if you still want.

For now, we'll be fine. We always do.


***

what a good fantasy. :(

No comments: