Monday, April 27, 2020

All the hypo

I could be brown
I could be blue
I could be violet sky
I could be hurtful
I could be purple
I could be anything you like

3 entries in a week, wow I'm on a roll! MCO is really getting me huarrrghh I never thought I'm actually an outside person, I thought I'd be happy confined at home this long, not really confined, i still get to work but not everyday, turns out this is not that nice.

3 days ago, I thought my stool was reddish. But I felt fine, so I just let it go.

The next day, it was a lot more reddish. I was panic! I had history of hematochezia during high school, until now I don't know why. It was unprovoked, no prior constipation, not painful and i was fine afterwards. But I remember after the opening, i felt like i was passing fluid, and to my nightmare, it was bright red blood. A lot, like water flowing from a good pressure pipe. twice. I called my parents crying because i was scared. but because i was fine and it stopped after that, my parents just consulted our family doctor and gave me medication (pretty sure it was daflon). and no more episodes, until this time.

This time, it wasn't bright red. It's dark red, almost pinkish with background of dark stool. i thought it was melena, it smelled like it at first, but the smell's gone after a while. Then i remember, i did feel a bit of epigastric discomfort while eating these few days, but it's more like mechanical, very positional and lasted just few seconds during vigorous eating haha. do we call that vigorous, eating like a glutton?

Anyway, I was scared. Maybe I've been having ugib all these while but never notice, that would explain my idiopathic low bp. I stared at my own feces for few minutes, thinking of what next to do. Was thinking to seek treatment, panic like that lo sendiri ada mbbs pon kelaut juga, but if I go to ed (ED is just 5 minutes walk from my house haha) surely they pr me noooo I'd rather collapse first before people there pr me alive. My housemate is home, maybe I should warn her to watch me, send me to ED if I collapse.

But I felt fine. I wasn't tachycardic, no dizziness, good hydration, pink conjunctiva. If blood loss surely I dizzy one, menses pon dizzy dah. And my hb (i checked 3 weeks ago when i decided to donate blood, but failed due to low bp. They only accept 100/70 above) was >12 so surely not a chronic one.

Then I remember. I ate dragon fruits like nobody's business this week. Easily finished 1-2 big one at one go. Could it be.. but my urine is fine, i mean usually stuff colours urine right? like rifampicin. or is it so stubborn it can colour the whole gi tract instead?

So google came to rescue




HAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

APPARENTLY I'M NOT DYING YET!! AND SOMEONE OUT THERE MUST HAVE WORRIED SICK LIKE THIS, EARLIER.



the next day, i was still in the same situation but i no longer worried haha. even today also. probably because the rest of the stool are brownish and the purple is more pronounced.

so far, no academic article on this dragon fruit can stain stool situation yet. but i saw few doctors discussed this and all their patients were fine before and afterwards.

You know what, I was just thinking few days before, how to stain the stool/GI tract content. Because I was worry of worms after the traveller's diarrhea episode 2 months ago. I was thinking, if we could stain the whole gi tract and its content, then the worms will be stained as well right, so if one gets worms, the underwear will be stained after 1 night, worms more active and likely to come out at night right.. well, my underwear is clean so maybe no worms....or maybe the worms are not stained?? ah nvm no diarrhea already now, safe to assume no worm. kot.

hypochondriac, as always. on top of hypotension (according to definition la, I'm ok so far with systolic 70-90, diastolic better a bit, 50 above always).

No comments: