I used to feel that my parents are too protective that it got annoying sometimes. Especially when they do their parent stuff whenever I go somewhere, like returning to school/Jordan/work house. You know the parent stuff, the endless questions and advice and foods. The "purse ada dak? Kunci ada dak? Minyak penuh dah ke? Kad tol ada duit dak? Jaga diri baik-baik. Don't talk to strangers (really mom?? it's my full time job talking to strangers haha, though it much less now hihi) Jangan drive laju2 bukan nak kejar apa pon. Tu tayar ada angin cukup dak? Udang kat dapur ambik dah ke belum? kek tadi ada lagi ni kenapa ambik skit sangat?". Well this scene is endless if I let it to them. Hati mau keras skit, tekan minyak and wave baibai baru habis. And I'm always home people, the longest I'd be away from home since last year is probably a full 2 weeks. And they always come and have dinner with me randomly too.
Little did I know, that it is normal for those being left. I left, I only think about myself. They are home, I don't need to worry about them. But them, for them, I'm in a place they are not familiar with. No amount of assurance is enough. The moment I escape their vision, they will think of me and worry.
How do I know?
Because finally I'm in the position of being left huwaaaaaa. Ok fine they had left before, but all those places are familiar to me or even if it's not, they will be with people I trust, and it's usually for a short vacation or umrah, the longest was only 3 weeks top and they were fit last time.
Alhamdulillah this year they will perform Hajj.
But to think that they will leave me for 42 days in a place I'm not familiar with, and only the 2 of them. Ok fine there are like thousands of other people and hundreds of Tabung Haji officers, but those people are strangers. And they are older now, they aren't as fit as last time. And mom is getting more sensitive, more than me. She couldn't tolerate many many many things, or else she'll get blisters/rashes/fever/headache/loss of appetite/nausea/constipation..
Last month, they went for the Kursus Perdana, it was held about 2 hours from home for a night. yes, 1 night only, we sent them at noon and fetched them back the next noon. That course simulated the real hajj situation. I ( and my siblings) was (were) worried sick, and in turn, we became the annoying ones with endless questions and advice, and we became the shameless ones who waited until the bus disappeared and waved like crazy. no tears, yet.
And that was the point that got me thinking..how will we survive the 42 days???? There WILL be tears drama in Penang Airport later for sure. So people if I suddenly cry in september for no reason or suddenly I look dumber than usual, the reason would be me thinking of my parents.
Oh Allah, please take care of my parents, please accept their deeds, please ease their journey aminnn
update 11/17: they returned safely alhamdulillah :)))..1 of dad's huge luggage got lost, but nothing important in it. we survived too! though the cat had some attitude problem while my parents were away, she refused to play with us and always kept to herself and nap inside her travelling cage. right after my parents home, she purred as usual and started chasing our legs, jumping around mindlessly, doing silly cat stuff just as her normal self, sleep at her usual spot..haih this sensitive cat..
Little did I know, that it is normal for those being left. I left, I only think about myself. They are home, I don't need to worry about them. But them, for them, I'm in a place they are not familiar with. No amount of assurance is enough. The moment I escape their vision, they will think of me and worry.
How do I know?
Because finally I'm in the position of being left huwaaaaaa. Ok fine they had left before, but all those places are familiar to me or even if it's not, they will be with people I trust, and it's usually for a short vacation or umrah, the longest was only 3 weeks top and they were fit last time.
Alhamdulillah this year they will perform Hajj.
But to think that they will leave me for 42 days in a place I'm not familiar with, and only the 2 of them. Ok fine there are like thousands of other people and hundreds of Tabung Haji officers, but those people are strangers. And they are older now, they aren't as fit as last time. And mom is getting more sensitive, more than me. She couldn't tolerate many many many things, or else she'll get blisters/rashes/fever/headache/loss of appetite/nausea/constipation..
Last month, they went for the Kursus Perdana, it was held about 2 hours from home for a night. yes, 1 night only, we sent them at noon and fetched them back the next noon. That course simulated the real hajj situation. I ( and my siblings) was (were) worried sick, and in turn, we became the annoying ones with endless questions and advice, and we became the shameless ones who waited until the bus disappeared and waved like crazy. no tears, yet.
And that was the point that got me thinking..how will we survive the 42 days???? There WILL be tears drama in Penang Airport later for sure. So people if I suddenly cry in september for no reason or suddenly I look dumber than usual, the reason would be me thinking of my parents.
Oh Allah, please take care of my parents, please accept their deeds, please ease their journey aminnn
update 11/17: they returned safely alhamdulillah :)))..1 of dad's huge luggage got lost, but nothing important in it. we survived too! though the cat had some attitude problem while my parents were away, she refused to play with us and always kept to herself and nap inside her travelling cage. right after my parents home, she purred as usual and started chasing our legs, jumping around mindlessly, doing silly cat stuff just as her normal self, sleep at her usual spot..haih this sensitive cat..
No comments:
Post a Comment