Friday, January 27, 2012

Hate you

I have no problem conversing in English, though my pronunciation is sometimes a little bit weird. Malay or English, it's the same, i suck at both language, in fact, i suck at all language i've ever learnt.

But,

I do have problem with people who converse in Malay but use "you" to address the other party. I take serious offence of it. Example;
- some unknown makciks found at the airport ---> Eh you student ke? you dah check in? you boleh tolong tenggokkan bag i tak?
- some lecturers i met who never benefit me, most of the time i hate them ---> kalau dah pegi overseas you kene jadi blablablabla. masa zaman i dulu takde macam sekarang. you all ni blablabla. you punye borang saye dah process, you kene tunggu blablabla

Like seriously?? I prefer they address me as awak if it's formal, or kau if it's informal or whatever (hang, hampa, kome, mu etc etc) as long as it's in Malay, if they converse in Malay. If they want to use "you", then converse in English completely. Stupid ass.

This only involves the usage of "you". I have no problem with rojak Manglish, really, i speak Manglish as first language. Because most of the time, we never know how some things are called in Malay/English, we just know it as it is in either language. Like all those medical terms, and technical terms, heck i don't even know what is inflammation in Malay. jangkitan? but jangkitan is infection right?

Btw, this, i found in Facebook. And most politicians, not all, use "you" to address others. Rude people indeed.

1 comment:

Anis Mohd said...

yeap. masalah kan
kdg2 jumpa A guna aku kau
jumpa B kata saya awak
cisss