I'm settling in.
I'm currently jobless and it drives me crazy. Jobless= no money flows in = how???
I never realise how much i've spent until recently when i tried to plan my financial meticulously. Down to every single cent. I want to see, if i could ever afford a bakery. And of course, because it's important, to make the money grows. I think, to begin with large capital is quite rewarding and ensuring, so i'm trying to kill the shopping demon inside me to achieve the goal. Also, malaysian economy is deteriorating, i don't know how to term it but i can feel it so i'm very careful in spending now. Not sure how being a miser could help, though. I mean, look at Greece. Only the filthy riches survived, and we know who our filthy corrupted tycoons are in Malaysia.
In this godforsaken country, without a car you are as well as paralysed so a car i bought. It shocked me how awfully overpriced cars are here, and the selections are almost none. We only have "national" brand Proton, Perodua, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Suzuki, Ford, Mitsubishi..and that's about it. I do not list the "luxury" brands because only filthy riches can drive them here. That's only brands, let's not talk about models. Shame. Ok fine maybe it's not that little, but i'm still sad my first real car i can drive is not a blazing red Seat Leon. Bring Seat to Malaysia please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So for now, my planned monthly expenditure is like this:
Car
Car necessity (petrol, service, toll (stupid country how many more years we need to pay toll hah??) etc etc)
Money to parents - the best expenditure one can spend. It's like you give 1 gain 3. The best investment!
Rent or whatever related to accommodation
Insurance
Bills (water, electric, phone, internet)
Saving -the fixed value i set
And the rest of the income is for food and body care, and maybe can be added to saving.
Note that i left one very important thing there. Shopping T_T. I'm cutting off shopping, for real. In fact, i haven't gone shopping lately. I didn't even buy baju raya! I went to shopping malls a lot, but that's more of an exercise because i didn't really buy things. Clothes suck here, they are either sheer or too revealing or too tight/short. I'm seriously thinking to sew my own clothes but god knows i don't have ladies hand. Shoes are quite tempting, i bought a pair for work and a sandal for everyday walking. I was thinking to get a handbag for self-reward for my graduation (i haven't got anything for myself yet), but i already bought one at the end of last year which i received early this year so that kinda defaulting my own rule of only 1 handbag annually. I miss shopping but i don't really know what to shop here, and i don't really have money. Hmmm
Anyway, I'm setting some rules for myself for money saving.
1. Big Apples/Secret Recipe treat- only once monthly, and choose either one. (it used to be both so i could satisfy my sweet tooth fortnightly, then minyak naik and it scares me. Besides, it's good for my health)
2. Never upgrade, those that don't kill you. Applicable from body care to everything in life. I once upgraded my headphones, and i can never even look at the cheap RM30/pair again. It's easy to upgrade, but to maintain it is exhausting and to downgrade it is near fatal.
3. Unless emergency, only buy things during sale. Thank god my parents are champions in this. They know the price of household goods and foods by heart, so i'm learning now :). I should make a list of cutoff prices of those goods, some time soon. Might be useful to analyse the inflation and such.
*****
I'm thinking of buying a new phone, because my phone is quite outdated, i can't download apps anymore. I need some apps for work (according to some trusty friends). I was in love with HTC One for months, but i keep deferring from just grab and go, now i'm torn between One and Butterfly S. But the price..hmm the old me would not blink an eye for such price..but now, i'm like wtf my phone is >3 months of my car payment. I'm still ensuring myself that it's ok and that that phone worth it and i'll use it till its death like my phone now, but i'm still struggling. Also, i'm not over my current phone, HTC Desire. I love everything about it, the light notification, the 4 buttons, the trackpad, the cute size, the design, the rubbery back which gives good grip, the durability (i dropped it countless of times, in toilets, desert, restaurants, hospitals, malls, but it still rocks!). It's been more than 3 years, but i'm still in love with it. If only i can upgrade its processor..
****
Ok fine i'm bored hence the entry. Missing my roommates terribly :( Weekend come faster!
I'm currently jobless and it drives me crazy. Jobless= no money flows in = how???
I never realise how much i've spent until recently when i tried to plan my financial meticulously. Down to every single cent. I want to see, if i could ever afford a bakery. And of course, because it's important, to make the money grows. I think, to begin with large capital is quite rewarding and ensuring, so i'm trying to kill the shopping demon inside me to achieve the goal. Also, malaysian economy is deteriorating, i don't know how to term it but i can feel it so i'm very careful in spending now. Not sure how being a miser could help, though. I mean, look at Greece. Only the filthy riches survived, and we know who our filthy corrupted tycoons are in Malaysia.
In this godforsaken country, without a car you are as well as paralysed so a car i bought. It shocked me how awfully overpriced cars are here, and the selections are almost none. We only have "national" brand Proton, Perodua, Honda, Toyota, Hyundai, Kia, Nissan, Suzuki, Ford, Mitsubishi..and that's about it. I do not list the "luxury" brands because only filthy riches can drive them here. That's only brands, let's not talk about models. Shame. Ok fine maybe it's not that little, but i'm still sad my first real car i can drive is not a blazing red Seat Leon. Bring Seat to Malaysia please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So for now, my planned monthly expenditure is like this:
Car
Car necessity (petrol, service, toll (stupid country how many more years we need to pay toll hah??) etc etc)
Money to parents - the best expenditure one can spend. It's like you give 1 gain 3. The best investment!
Rent or whatever related to accommodation
Insurance
Bills (water, electric, phone, internet)
Saving -the fixed value i set
And the rest of the income is for food and body care, and maybe can be added to saving.
Note that i left one very important thing there. Shopping T_T. I'm cutting off shopping, for real. In fact, i haven't gone shopping lately. I didn't even buy baju raya! I went to shopping malls a lot, but that's more of an exercise because i didn't really buy things. Clothes suck here, they are either sheer or too revealing or too tight/short. I'm seriously thinking to sew my own clothes but god knows i don't have ladies hand. Shoes are quite tempting, i bought a pair for work and a sandal for everyday walking. I was thinking to get a handbag for self-reward for my graduation (i haven't got anything for myself yet), but i already bought one at the end of last year which i received early this year so that kinda defaulting my own rule of only 1 handbag annually. I miss shopping but i don't really know what to shop here, and i don't really have money. Hmmm
Anyway, I'm setting some rules for myself for money saving.
1. Big Apples/Secret Recipe treat- only once monthly, and choose either one. (it used to be both so i could satisfy my sweet tooth fortnightly, then minyak naik and it scares me. Besides, it's good for my health)
2. Never upgrade, those that don't kill you. Applicable from body care to everything in life. I once upgraded my headphones, and i can never even look at the cheap RM30/pair again. It's easy to upgrade, but to maintain it is exhausting and to downgrade it is near fatal.
3. Unless emergency, only buy things during sale. Thank god my parents are champions in this. They know the price of household goods and foods by heart, so i'm learning now :). I should make a list of cutoff prices of those goods, some time soon. Might be useful to analyse the inflation and such.
*****
I'm thinking of buying a new phone, because my phone is quite outdated, i can't download apps anymore. I need some apps for work (according to some trusty friends). I was in love with HTC One for months, but i keep deferring from just grab and go, now i'm torn between One and Butterfly S. But the price..hmm the old me would not blink an eye for such price..but now, i'm like wtf my phone is >3 months of my car payment. I'm still ensuring myself that it's ok and that that phone worth it and i'll use it till its death like my phone now, but i'm still struggling. Also, i'm not over my current phone, HTC Desire. I love everything about it, the light notification, the 4 buttons, the trackpad, the cute size, the design, the rubbery back which gives good grip, the durability (i dropped it countless of times, in toilets, desert, restaurants, hospitals, malls, but it still rocks!). It's been more than 3 years, but i'm still in love with it. If only i can upgrade its processor..
****
Ok fine i'm bored hence the entry. Missing my roommates terribly :( Weekend come faster!
No comments:
Post a Comment